[at-l] federal tax rebate

Kent Gardam kent_gardam at yahoo.com
Fri May 2 07:13:51 CDT 2008

Got this in an email and thought I would share:

  The federal government is sending each and every one of us a $600 rebate. If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, the money will go to China. If we spend it on gasoline it will go to the Arabs, if we purchase a computer it will go to India, if we purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala, if we purchase a good car it will go to Japan, if we purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan and none of it will help the American economy.  The only way to keep that money here at home is to buy beer, since it is the only product still produced in the US.

  And to prove it's hiking related, what tastes better after a hot day on the trail than beer?