[at-l] AT Journeys

grey.owl at comcast.net grey.owl at comcast.net
Mon May 26 19:09:40 CDT 2008

Happy Memorial Day,

I spent part of the day hoisting a few to the memory of my fallen comrades.  I hope
that ya'll took a few minutes to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice to
insure that you can go shopping today and to the beach and celebrate the start of
summer.

A short time ago I received the latest is of AT Journeys.  Threw it in a pile of
magazines to read at a later date.  Though I had moved almost a year ago my darlin'
wife and I have not had enough time to unpack everything.  Today I found the box
containing all of the ATNs.  Spent some time reading them and enjoying all of the
articles.  There was one fellow, by the name of Felix, who is a pretty fair writer.
Wonder what happened to him.  My wife said that since I am filing away all the AT
stuff I should file away the most recent AT Journeys.

Well I looked at the cover and saw that it had the annual 2,000 miler report.  What?
No pictures of the hikers only pictures along the trail.  And how come only names
and trail names?  At least give the state they are from.  Why bother.  Actually why
bother being a member of the ATC?  Unfortunately I am paid through 2009.
Bummer.

So how do I get my through hiker fix?  Well amongst all of the ATNs were the
ALDHA newsletter.  Damn, why can't ALDHA take over the job?  They could
publish the list of 2,000 milers along with pictures and comments.  It would not be
too big of a job, only 520 completed the trail this year.  Heck, I would pay $35/yr to
get those two issues (that's what I figure will be the amount of space for 500 hikers).
Just imagine the possibilities!  Heck, I think that ATC would be happy to let ALDHA
do it as the ATC has really become hiker unfriendly.

Just sayin you know

Cheers,

Bob Grey Owl Dudley