[at-l] 2,000 Miler Report

Leslie Booher lbooher at charter.net
Mon May 26 21:50:31 CDT 2008

Yes, I'm with you.  The "AT Journeys" isn't about us anymore.  It's all glossy and slick and impersonal and really misses the point.  Where are the real stories?  Where are the "here's what happened to me"?  Where are the things I can relate to?  Where's Felix?  Were I not a life member, I, too, might have un-subscribed.  The current form of "AT Journeys" takes out all the fun.  I used to read every issue cover to cover.  Now, I rarely read more than one section.

Of course, I haven't been pleased with The Appalachian Trail Conservancy, either.  It wasn't broke, but somebody had to mess with it.  It's like they put in a whole middle management group between us and the trail activities.  The magazine is just the outward and visible sign of the inward problems.  To think that they paid someone good money to screw the whole organization up.

a'bear