[at-l] A different kind of hike report

fosterp599 at bellsouth.net fosterp599 at bellsouth.net
Fri May 30 07:31:46 CDT 2008

Our hiking club, SWHC scheduled ahike for the Walls of Jericho on May 17.  I don't do much hiking anymore but still like to car camp.  Friday night was in the low 40's and I did not have enough sleeping bag.  Saturday was a nice day.
See http://www.sipseywildernessorg/trips/2008/WallsofJericho
http://picasaweb.google.com/KE4ROP/WallsofJericho

Saturday night, I was miserable and cold.  Sunday morning, with lots of help, I packed up and drove home.  I now had a fever of 103.  Slept well on Sunday night.  Monday morning I had a pain in my right side and went to the emergency room.  That afternoon I had a HOT appendix removed.

Lesson: DO NOT IGNORE FEVER & PAIN

First Pilgrim
Foster Parsons