[at-l] AT Journeys

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Fri May 30 14:58:02 CDT 2008

Well, if you take an all or nothing approach to it I suppose it could be
considered "tacit approval" of everything ATC is currently doing. I,
however, do not conflate support of AT preservation with total unquestioning
support of every policy and action of the ATC. Nor do I equate refusing to
continue my support of the ATC with "sending a message" anymore than I
equate failing to vote  with sending a message. I support the trail through
the organization that is officially charged with its oversight. If that
organization does things I don't approve of, I have in the past and I will
again let them know my feelings. It's called 'participation'. OTOH I am only
one member and though I may know others who share my sentiments it does not
follow that I/we are a majority nor that I know all the facts that went into
making the policies and/or decisions that I question, so I suppose that,
being a liberal minded sort in the dictionary sense of the word, I am giving
them somewhat of a pass. So be it. That is preferable in my mind to walking
away because things didn't go my way.

--
Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/