[at-l] Cold Eating

EHamilton imagainst_the_wind at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 07:56:44 CST 2008

Thanks! I just realized I didn't reply to the whole list, just an individual reply. Gotta get used to hitting "reply to all." Yesterday when I lunched al fresco with my Pepsi-can stove I made corn-and-broccoli chowder with dried corn, dried broccoli, dried onions, instant potatoes, and Nido milk powder. It was really good. I think I'd like eating that kind of stuff on the trail. OTOH, I'm going a little nuts trying to plan for a kink-free hike even though I know there's no such animal. Maybe I should stick to bologna.

MacGyver

From: Felix J AThiker at smithville.net

EHamilton wrote:
Hmmm..... maybe I'm overplanning....
There are lots of things you can get by with. Especially when temps are cool. But, when temps are cool is when you'll want something warm. Catch-22, I'd say.

MacGyver, who's dehydrating broccoliYou can't go wrong dehydrating broccoli