[at-l] Cold Eating

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 11:45:51 CST 2008

--- On Mon, 11/3/08, EHamilton <imagainst_the_wind at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Doesn't sound like you do a whole lot of cold eating...

### In winter, only my midday meal is "hot" -- breakfast is nutty-buddys and slimfast, dinner is sausage, cheese, and peanut-butter/honey/milk balls, all pre-cut and edible when frozen. Lunch is hot, in some sheltered nook, hopefully in sunshine, when I'm already warmed up and flexible, so cooking equals "rest" and clean-up is in daylight, and if I catch any sort of chill from not moving, I am "cured" by standing up and hiking.

Mornings I'm up and stuffing my sleeping bag ASAP while all the moisture in it is still warm enough to be forced out as vapor.

Evenings, hell, I want to sit down and get in my bag and NOT worry about food, prep, spilled anything, clean-up, etc. Time for 12 hours of sleep.