[at-l] An agreeable election result

Steve Miller atlists at millers-house.org
Wed Nov 5 08:33:14 CST 2008

While I doubt this list will ever be in agreement over presidential
candidates, I did want to report one result that hopefully everyone can
be happy about.

In Ohio, Issue 2 (dubbed 'Clean Ohio') passed by a huge margin.  This
actually renews a bond issue which funds projects to both clean up
'brown spaces' and create new green space, including building trails.
The original issue first passed in 2000.

The Buckeye Trail, North Country Trail and ADT have all benefited from
this issue.  One project that comes to mind is a cooperative effort of
the BTA, NCTA and ODNR to rejuvenate old canal towpaths. In northwestern
Ohio, some 30 miles of overgrown towpath are being turning into usable
trail, removing boring (and dangerous) road walks.

As we either rejoice or mourn yesterday's national results, I hope
everyone agrees this is a good win.  And it wasn't even a close vote.

Steve "Up To Somethin'" (Back In the USA)