[at-l] Finding a hiking partner...

Mara Factor mfactor at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 09:39:36 CST 2008

Hi Rachel,

I've got a write-up on my web site about finding hiking partners.  It
talks about everything from finding someone to managing problems along
the trail and more.  You can find it at:

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor/partner.html

As for the Ruck, it's an informal gathering of hikers and dreamers
created precisely so that dreamers could pick the brains of those who
have already thruhiked.  Check out http://paruck.com/ for details of
this year's PA ruck.

I would be at the Ruck but I'm heading for South America next week.
Do you have any suggestions or tips for me on hiking in Peru and
Bolivia?  Not sure about the current situation in Bolivia but it'll be
a few months before I get there so hopefully things will have calmed
down and I can visit.  But Peru is a place where I do expect to spend
some time.

Thanks,

Mara
Stitches, AT99