[at-l] Digitizing Hiking Slides

Navigator ftcracker at aol.com
Wed Nov 12 06:24:14 CST 2008

Actually, $99.95 is pretty cheap for a slide scanner. I'd question its
quality. I second what Jim says about your need for quality. I've held
off scanning any more of my 10,000+ slides, which include hiking images
all over Florida, because the scanner I had (a high-q one bought used on
eBay) got dustier and dustier and I couldn't get into it to clean the
scanning surface. There are services that will do it for as low as $0.50
per slide in bulk for decent quality, but Jim's price for
color-corrected print quality is more spot on. A good Nikon scanner runs
$599+ ... and hasn't fit in my budget yet. So the slides sit and wait.

Good luck!
Navigator
www.floridahikes.com