[at-l] Where were you?

C7eca at aol.com C7eca at aol.com
Sat Nov 22 17:50:57 CST 2008

In a message dated 11/22/2008 4:49:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
imagainst_the_wind at yahoo.com writes:

I  remember the drum cadence

We were walking up the hill from 3rd grade recess to McIntire  Elementary
School in Charlottesville, Virginia.
A teach came down from the school and told our teacher the President had
been shot.  It was very unreal.  How could this happen?  As  mentioned by others,
it was on all the television channels for days.

Mostly, I remember the drum cadence and the sound of horses hooves as the
caisson was drawn to Arlington National Cemetary.  I was crazy about  horses.

David Hahn

**************Check out smokin’ hot deals on laptops, desktops and more from
Dell.  Shop Deals
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1213345834x1200842686/aol?redir=http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;209513277;31396581;l)