[at-l] Janl's appearance... Re: Proust and the End Of The World

Jan Lite liteshoe at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 15:18:57 CST 2008

>On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 1:43 PM, <rcli4 at comcast.net> wrote:
>She joined before 2001.  I met her and went hiking with her just before my
>daughter got married.  She got married on Sly's birthday in 2001.  It
happens to >be my daughters bithday too.
 >Clyde

Hey, I was married in JUNE, not on Sly's birthday.
;-)

I took my first backpack ever in April of 2001. It snowed.;-)

I joined at-l in June of 2001, at Kahley's invite. She'd seen a trip report
from one of my early "learn-how-to" hikes on the WH list, and wanted to
share it on "this other list" she was on. (Hmmm, you mean there's other
people online who like to hike??)

That was a trip report on a hike over Roan Mt. and the Humps in June 2001,
posted to at-l in later June.

I don't think I myself talked for at least a month, online. There was lots
of snarling.
You guys scared me!
;-)

Clyde - you, me, Pitts and David Addleton walked from Springer to Blue
Mountain that Labor Day of 2001. That's when I knew we walked (and gasped)
about the same pace.
I didn't know then, however, you had a thing for goat cheese. ;-)

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 1:43 PM, <rcli4 at comcast.net> wrote:

> She joined before 2001.  I met her and went hiking with her just before my
> daughter got married.  She got married on Sly's birthday in 2001.  It
> happens to be my daughters bithday too.
>
> Clyde

> From: Tom McGinnis <sloetoe at yahoo.com>
>
> > Really looked around, and didn't see it. Maybe I had the wrong year. But
> > could'nt find the original in may'99, when I supposedly posted it to
> at-l.
> > Here's the closest I got:
> > http://www.backcountry.net/arch/at/0004/msg00752.html
> > I know I reposted every year about NOBO start time, for a while. Maybe
> you
> > joined in 2002?
> >

> > --- On Tue, 11/25/08, Jan Lite wrote:
> >
> > > How do I find it?
> > > (And remind me not to type without my reading glasses...)

> > > wrote:
> &gt ; > >
> > > shortly
> > > who'd read a trip report on the WH list.

> > > Liteshoe to come. I read

"The Ordinary Adventurer"
A new backpacking adventure book
http://www.FunFreedom.com