[at-l] Winter in NH

Art Cloutman Art at crystalacresnh.com
Sat Nov 29 10:46:36 CST 2008

We celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday-Friday- because my married
daughters spent time on Thursday with their husbands' families.  But
we get the better end of the deal because our kids come to the lake
Thursday evening and stay for the weekend.  Yesterday morning as we
began preparations for an afternoon feast it began to snow.  Huge
flakes fell down and collected on the ground.  It did not melt
because the temperature never got above freezing.  Snow collected on
the skim of ice covering parts of the lake making pure white islands
floating in the black water.  The clouds lifted this morning turning
the color of the water to an amazing blue.  I took a walk to the
other end of the lake.  It was brisk but I was comfortable with a
vest instead of a jacket.  At the far end of the lake (about 1.5
miles) there is a bridge from which I could see three otters
frolicking in the water sometimes crashing up through the thin ice.
They were having a blast putting on a show for anyone that would
watch.  Tomorrow I will report to Gunstock Mountain to meet with the
staff preparing for opening day, Dec. 5th.  I will have to miss
opening day skiing because of a temporary job ( 4 days) that starts
on Dec 4th.  However, you can bet that I will be on the summit of
Gunstock Mountain on Dec 6th peering northward for a glimpse of Mount
Washington wearing its Winter covering.  Enjoy the rest of the
weekend friends.
--

Life is Good!!!
Art Cloutman