[at-l] Thanksgiving in SC

danandgailsc at aol.com danandgailsc at aol.com
Sun Nov 30 13:47:59 CST 2008

Gutsy and I just completed another Thanksgiving week end to end 5-day hike of the SC Foothills Trail, Oconee State Park to Table Rock State Park.? We celebrated Thanksgiving the previous?Sat. with family.? On Thanksgiving Day we camped at Thompson River and enjoyed stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberries, and more.? This was the 10th consecutive year we have done a Thanksgiving week backpacking trip.??It was Gutsy's 10th complete hike of the FT and my 6th.? Friday?was the long day--20 miles from?Thompson River to Laurel Fork Falls campsite,?trying to cover more miles before the rain hit.? Sat. and Sun. we walked in cold rain, finishing at noon today.? Great hike, and great time together.

Dan and Gutsy

Message: 3