[at-l] AT speed records

Bror8588 at aol.com Bror8588 at aol.com
Wed Oct 1 11:56:08 CDT 2008

The speed of a hike may satisfy some but the person who hikes slowly has
more time to savor the trail, see the flora, notice others who are out enjoying
the trail, and absorbing the culture in various hamlets, villages, and towns
along the way.  In speed hiking there is little opportunity to "Yogi" or  even
scavenge grub.  Of course, anyone who does the trail will do it in the  way
that satisfies themselves but using the trail as an athletic episode is not  of
interest to me.  I could care less how long someone takes to complete  the
quest.  But, tell me what you experienced or noticed, tell me about the  people
you met, the characters and the lay of the land, ah, then I can enjoy  another
experience through the eyes of someone who saw what I did not see, or
perhaps someone who saw what I saw but with a different perspective.

Skylander

In a message dated 2008-10-01 10:04:52 Eastern Daylight Time,