[at-l] Shoes, was: Re: Consensus?

TrailR at aol.com TrailR at aol.com
Sun Oct 5 00:12:30 CDT 2008

In a message dated 10/3/2008 11:28:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rockdancer97 at comcast.net writes:

The model was Hardrock, they were discounted shoes,  bought for $59 I think,
because they were last year's model (2007). I don't  think there was anything
magic about these particular shoes except like most  trailrunners they have a
stiff mid-sole. I'm 150 lbs, carry 30 lb pack so I'm  not particularly hard on
them. They look pretty worn and I was told they would  last 300-500 miles.
After that trip I'm using them on local trails but would  buy another pair if I
was heading out for any long distance  hike.

--RockDancer

The Montrail Hardrocks were a great shoe in 2007, but beware of the 2008
model. Not as good. It was made by a new company (colombia?), who doesn't know
shoes (but I hear 09 may be better, another company (mountain Hardware? ) is
doing them.

Hotdog