[at-l] Hygiene on the Trail

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 15:05:03 CDT 2008

### And pay attention to that last part, too: "And it will not be your major problem." Your life values will quickly toss "Clean hair" to the bottom of a shortened list, the top of which might include things like
1) Good water, where it is supposed to be.
2) Clean leanto floor, where it is supposed to be.
3) Roadside store, open when it is supposed to be.
4) Mail drops, in the town they're supposed to be.
5) Rain gear as dry as it's supposed to be.
6) STICK TO YOUR RIBS food, as sticky as it's supposed to be.
7) Socks that last the day without wrinkling, last the week without folding, last the trip without wearing through.
8) Clothes that don't stink the moment you get them out of the dryer. (Stay the hell away from capiline, launder the hell away from bleach.)
9) Accurate maps.
10) A good ride into/out of town.
(Not necessarily in that order...)
11) Clean hair.
12) The right answer to "Does this make my ass look fat?"
13) Starched shirts; correct brand of cigarette; freshly shaved (fav body part)