[at-l] Gathering needs... Can you help?

Mara Factor m_factor at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 7 07:24:53 CDT 2008

I'll be giving the Footwear and Lightweight Backpacking talks at the Gathering this weekend.  Does anyone have any related gear I could borrow?  (I'm traveling too much and can't get at my usual stash or got rid of it rather than store it.)  Things I could use as examples for my talk include:

Heavyweight full grain leather boots
Midweight boots
Lightweight boots
Trail shoes

(One shoe of each is enough rather than the pair but whatever's easiest for you...)

Gaiters (long and/or shorties)

For my lightweight backpacking gear talk:

Heavy backpack (6-7 pounds, like a Dana Terraplane)
Heavy tent (2 person, 5+ pounds backpacking tent)
20 degree sleeping bag in the 3+ pound range - maybe synthetic?

I've got enough of the lightweight gear with me, just need the heavy stuff for comparison's sake.

Private responses would probably be best and I should be able to get on-line tomorrow (or later today) to let you know if you should bring whatever you've offered based on others' responses.

By the way, who else is going to the Gathering?

Can't wait to see you there!

Mara
Stitches, AT99

Visit my Travels and Trails site: http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor