[at-l] Used Maps

Mara Factor mfactor at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 11:03:39 CDT 2008

Rockdancer and I got caught with maps that were too old this summer.  We
took a road walk intending to meet up with the trail that wasn't where we
expected it to be.  Then, when we met up with it, there was no way to know
which way we needed to go.  We went the wrong way, soon figured it out,
turned around, and then confirmed our way when we passed some other hikers.
So, it may come down to how patient you are if you have an incorrect map and
how annoyed you would be with the trail and yourself for "wasting" time.  If
you don't care, then the newer maps may not be worthwhile.  If you would
panic, or be annoyed, the newer maps may be worthwhile.

>From the Gathering...

Mara
Stitches, AT99