[at-l] Used Maps

Frank Looper nightwalker.at at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 14:45:26 CDT 2008

A GPS is almost as helpful as a map. GPS topo data is available for
the entire AT (US, actually) from Magellan for your (Magellan) GPS. I
can point you to a place that has the AT centerline data from 2002
(no, not the ATC), which is unfortunately as late as any data on any
AT map.

I carry maps and GPS both. I use both. There is a learning curve to
both. Stupid hikers sometimes can't find their way back when they get
lost. Everyone, eventually gets lost. You do the maths.

FrnakneLoopee

P.S. My walk was good for me. My feet hurt. I found out that the
lighter, more comfy trail runners will flat kill you if you have bad
plantar fasciitis. I wear my Lowas all day, every day now and they
help, especially with the custom Superfeet in them.