[at-l] How much $ does it take to hike the AT ?

Pat krozby at zoominternet.net
Sun Oct 12 10:22:10 CDT 2008

>I carry a credit card, an ATM card (which doubles as a debit card), and a
> small amount of cash (usually about $50).

Thats the way I always hike, using ATM Debit card, I usually tried to
survive on  $100 a week but I think that more often than not I wound up
getting a little more out. Debit cards are linked to your checking savings
account, you simply use the card to withdraw money from your account.  ATM
machines are just about everywhere, try and find ones with no fees or low
fees. The only place I found that I could'nt use an ATM or Credit card was
in Stehekin, Wa. on the PCT. But that was in 05 you may be able to even use
them there now.

Pat