[at-l] Questions on financing the trail

JL jplynch at crosslink.net
Sun Oct 12 16:22:55 CDT 2008

I shy away from debit cards.  They're a racket.  If you make a mistake with your account and forget how much is in there, the bank may clear your debit charge, but they will treat it like an overdrawn check.  Each charge, no matter how small will get socked with the fee, which is $35 or more, depending on where you bank.  If you are in town and run up a bunch of little charges for sandwiches, groceries, ice cream etc. you can get in a big hole before you know it.