[at-l] Trip report- Cape Breton

Arthur Gaudet rockdancer97 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 16 15:29:55 CDT 2008

While all or most of this list were at the Gathering I was spending quality time
with Mom, brother & nephew on a 6-day road trip to Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. It
was my brother's idea, a chance to hear part of the Celtic Colors Music Festival
http://www.celtic-colours.com/ and to re-re-re-visit where Mom and Dad grew up.
It was partly a working holiday since I'm the guy that takes care of the family
tree, but still I managed to get some time to bird watch in the harbor, and to
do a short day hike at the entrance to the Cape Breton Highlands National Park
of Canada. See http://www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/ns/cbreton/natcul/index_e.asp. The
Cheticamp River has a nice trail along its banks.

Oh, yeah, we saw some moose! --RockDancer