[at-l] What goes on at a "RUCK" ?

rcli4 at comcast.net rcli4 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 16 22:33:47 CDT 2008

Th southern Ruck is a gathering of like minded individuals.  A little bit of hiking, a lot of eating, a little bit of drinking in isolated places.  Usually there is some music that is questionable in quality but heartfelt in delivery.  Sometimes movies and slide shows about places some folks have been and others would like to go.  There are sometimes movies of Shelly-no-e in compromised conditions.  GaDawg fusses in the kitchen and long lines form to eat her fixens.  Some poor soul brings their pack to get their gear looked at by the experts.  I did it the first SoRuck and it really don't hurt to bad.  But mostly it is where a hundred or so misfits gather with like minded folks that understand their addiction.

Clyde

From: Georgiamountainwoman <gamountainwoman at yahoo.com>
Being the novice that I am, and having never been to a Ruck, I'd like to hear your experiences as to what goes on at this event, that is, the ones who have actually attended one, or two ?

Caterfly