[at-l] What goes on at a "RUCK" ?

Bror8588 at aol.com Bror8588 at aol.com
Fri Oct 17 17:22:30 CDT 2008

Those of us that have never attended a RUCK but have paid close attendtion
to the submissions to this site have information about a certain "Room #13" (or
 was that #17?).  There is also a tradition to weigh a newbies pack and
prevent them from taking along favorite items for their travels.  Also we  have
learned that there is a strong emphasis on food;  Someone makes  pancakes.  A
Spaghetti Supper takes place at some point.  Many  participants bring stuff to
share.  Work Crews are formed.   Friendships are developed.  Lots of talking
takes place.  Some acting  out (in Room # 13?) is the basis for rumors and
rumors of rumors.  Some  hiking gets done.  More eating takes place.  Some
presentations are  made.  A vendor or two are present but this varies.  And then
everyone  goes home.  Anything else?

Skylander

In a message dated 2008-10-17 17:49:50 Eastern Daylight Time,