[at-l] Where to Hike?

Leslie Booher lbooher at charter.net
Mon Oct 20 21:44:21 CDT 2008

Sleepy Jean and I are looking for an area to hike next May.  I have just had my second knee replacement, so I'm not looking for anything too ambitious.  It's been a couple of years since I was on the trail.  We're looking for some place between NE Tennessee and Maine that doesn't have too much elevation change.  Unfortunately, we've already done from Harpers Ferry to Duncanon.  I'm not anxious to try the rocks, yet, with my new knees.  What is northern NJ like?  Is it extremely hilly?  How far north do you have to go in NJ to get past The Rocks?  Any other ideas anyone has about a good place for us to go?  We want somewhere between 50 and 100 miles, probably.  We hike slowly, 8 mile days, mostly.  Thanks loads!  a'bear