[at-l] Trail Magic at Hot Springs

Art MacAilein macailein at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 18:13:52 CDT 2008

My wife and I are taking a trip to Hot Springs next year, probably
sometime in April. Wouldn't that be about the time northbound
thru-hikers would be getting to Hot Springs?

We're going to do some hiking, but we'd also like to set up for some
trail magic. If you were doing a thru, where in that area would you most
appreciate a shuttle, some good food, some cold drinks, or whatever else
would be most useful at that point in your hike?

I'm not sure that Hot Springs itself would be the ideal place. Seems
people would be excited to get into the town, and I believe the trail
goes through it and that everything is in walking distance. A bit before
the town? After? At a shelter close enough to a a rode that we could
bring up some vittles?

Art