[at-l] I like to use commas..

Frank Looper nightwalker.at at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 13:35:31 CDT 2008

2008/10/29 rosalind suit <rosalind.suit at verizon.net>

>  Art has nailed it down!!  Strunk and White's *Elements of Style* ....and
> *Eats, Shoots & Leaves* for the jots and tittles.....the creme de la creme
> of style and form.
>
> But I "Grew up" in writing by using the *MLA Handbook*<http://www.mla.org/store/CID24/PID159>.
It's AR, but so are most writers that I know. We also had to possess  *A
Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations: Chicago
Style for Students and
Researchers*<http://www.amazon.com/Manual-Writers-Research-Dissertations-Seventh/dp/0226823377>,
but I never used it. The MLA Handbook will save yer butt in school!

I've also perused the *AP Style
Book*<http://www.usu.edu/journalism/faculty/sweeney/resources/ap.htm>and
the
*Telegraph Style
book*<http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1435295/Telegraph-Style-Book-Introduction.html>.
The latter is very fascinating, as it shows some of the many ways that
"English" is different from "American."

Day reader, Night Walker, thinks himself a bit of a writer
(and sometimes remembers not to be a top poster)