[at-l] Sins wee lass tocked

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Mon Sep 1 23:01:16 CDT 2008

Ten years ago tonight, Pokey, Patch, Soyboy and I were in Gorham. We
were at the Paradise Inn. The town was full of northbounders. The fact
is, I didn't care for almost any of them. I found them, on the whole, to
be rude, obnoxious and other things, too. We did get to spend the night
with Model T....who I found to be none of the things I found most of the
others to be.  This was also my reunion with Stoat. His parents had
driven him to Gorham to meet us and start hiking south with us. It was
good to see the old boy.

The couple of days prior to ten years ago today...we hiked through
Grafton Notch, up a beautiful Old Speck, had lunch next to the beautiful
Speck Pond, climbed down the steep Mahoosuc Arm, through the to-me
annoying Mahoosuc Notch, up the steep Fulling Mill Mountain, spent the
night with a bunch of northbounders at Full Goose Shelter, crossed our
first state line (thereby leaving my favorite AT state), spent the night
with/near Sly at Gentian Pond and hitched into Gorham.

I miss Maine....and, always will.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98