[at-l] Decayed

Jan Lite liteshoe at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 19:44:34 CDT 2008

You'll get no argument here.
Though we were going in opposite directions (the story of our life???), I
also felt the climb UP Wildcat, and the drop into and out of Carter Notch
were epic (on the LiteShoe scale of epic, at least).

When I peeped over the edge and looked down upon it far, far, below, the
lake, boulders and tiny hut looked like a mythical little kingdom out of
fiction. The register was full of thru-hikers wondering why their mileage
had slipped to 8-mile days and they felt so beat up.

And I can't imagine climbing down Wildcat in the dark. Although luckily, I
can still imagine it.

That area remains one of the most magical on the Trail for me. The Gorge
near Kincorra is another close to my heart.

>From: Felix J <AThiker at smithville.net>

>Well, a decade ago yesterday, Posse de Felix hiked from Imp Campsite
(which is what it is called) to a bandit campsite just north of Pinkham
>Notch.  On the way we 'did' three of the steepest, most under-discussed
climbs of the entire AT. The down-and-up to Carter Notch and the down at
--
"The Ordinary Adventurer"
A new backpacking adventure book