[at-l] Screen & Florida Trail @ Gathering

Weathercarrot weathercarrot at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 7 00:50:28 CDT 2008

i'm posting this a second time because of the silly word wrap issue on the instant archives i noticed a second ago on my first attempt.  we'll see if this format is better.  hotmail sucks these days....

Hey there -

I have a few gathering items to pass along to the list.

I'm in the final stages of scheduling the workshops/presentations for the gathering, and I'm still
missing a few trails that I'd like to see represented this year - specifically the Florida Trail, CDT,
Long Trail and the North Country Trail. For this at-l post, I'm thinking particularly of the
Florida Trail - if anyone has any interest in presenting something on the FT this year, or if
you can point me toward someone, let me know. There's still several time slots open, but I'd
like to figure this out in the next week or two at the latest.  Additionally, Ron Strickland also
has a powerpoint presentation ready to go for the Sea to Sea route, but since he can't attend,
we need to find someone to present it.

In case this is new info for some - there's also the issue of no screen in the main auditorium on
the Concord campus - we're hoping to use it for the evening programs on Friday and Saturday
night (Oct 10 and 11). After a recent renovation, the room is still lacking a screen. Our best bet
is to come up with something large (12x14 or bigger?) either borrowed or constructed that
is free-standing that would function well on the front edge of the stage in the auditorium. Perhaps
a simple wooden or PVC frame with a large white sheet or piece of Tyvek stretched smooth and
tight on it.  Any ideas?  Thanks,

wc