[at-l] 100-mile/Rainbow Lake (was Hanover Sept. 12, 1998)

Frank Looper nightwalker.at at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 14:56:56 CDT 2008

>   That looks like 'southbound'. So, are you saying that you enjoyed it more
> while hiking southbound?  This is very interesting to me...
> :-)

I enjoyed both in all of my sections. The good thing about the
approximately-100-mile wilderness (with those nice gravel/dirt roads
where one can get rides if one is patient) is all the places where
it's easy to get stuck. I could imagine someone getting stuck at
Rainbow Lake until their food ran out. The loons, the loons...

P.S. I always thought that Rainbow Lake was a place that would never
see a boat. Then I saw a plane land there. If a plane has two little
hulls instead of a landing gear, is it a boat? Hmmm...