[at-l] just another day...

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Sun Sep 14 07:39:16 CDT 2008

...from another year.

I don't remember much from this day. I think we took a break at the side
trail to Hexacuba Shelter. And, at the firewarden's cabin on Smarts
Mountain.  It seems like we walked through an area where the trees had
blown over. I don't know if it had been a tornado, or hurricane, from
the previous year, or what. (Anybody remember?) Stoat got lost somewhere
between the summit of Smarts Mt. and the base of Smarts Mt. I met David
Donaldson...."Spirit of '48"...who hiked most of Maine, I believe, with
Earl. We only met in passing, however. I would later meet him at the
Ruck.   Pokey and I got a ride to Lyme Center and got some snacks, or
something. The people we got a ride with turned out to be a group of
hikers we called "Hanson". They were two brothers and a sister, with
blond hair. Their parents were driving them around in a van, for some
reason, and they picked us up and took us back to the trail. I have no
idea where Cake was during this. (Cake, where were you during this?) We
spent the night at Trapper John.

This post may be the perfect example as to why I don't do trip
reports!!   Sometimes, nothing happens!!

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98