[at-l] Hand over

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Mon Sep 15 21:02:33 CDT 2008

Ten years ago...

Got up and started hiking in a soupy mist. There was a a chilly breeze
blowing the rain into our faces as we hiked near the ledges where the
falcons are sometimes seen.  (Holts Ledge?)  While Pokey and I hiked
near the overlook, we met a northbound-hiking woman. We said some brief
hellos and she told us there was no view from the ledge. (Holts Ledge?)
(A few years later, I was at a Ruck and that woman introduced herself to
me and said she recognized me because of my eyes!!! Now, that's
impressive attention to details!!!)    We hiked on, we did. Somewhere in
there...Cake hurt an ankle and, I believe, hitched into Hanover at a
road-crossing (Isn't that right, Cake? Help me out) The only other thing
I remember from the hiking on this day was that while hiking near the
summit of Moose Mt., a thunderstorm made me think that laying down in a
mud-puddle under a rock overhang with my pack on top of me was a better
idea than standing upright.

I remember not really liking the town of Hanover much. We met up with
Patch at the edge of town...where there was some darkness...(what
the?)...and ate at a pizza joint. I remember calling and talking to a
guy who said his name was Ryan Brooks.  You can't swing a dead cat
without talking to a guy who says his name is Ryan Brooks. I got my new
pair of boots at the post office.  Pokey and I argued and I called
Greyhound to see how much a Greyhound ticket was (That actually was ten
years ago tomorrow morning, I think). I met Rockdancer in the basement
of whatever frat house we were staying in. As I remember, our meeting
was brief.  I don't really remember 'knowing' much about Rockdancer
before that. We'd e-ed  (I like the sound of that)  We'd e-ed a time or
two...but, I don't remember much of that. (Is that close RD?)   Some of
us...I think me, Stoat, Pokey and Patch...took a soak in a hot tub at
some place in town that offered that. Cake was staying at a different
frat house, I think. that night, I slept in a room full of hikers. One
of them was Nacona...whom I've become good e-friends with  since (and,
would like to re-congratulate her on her semi-recent child-birthing).
The funny thing is...I don't remember ever setting eyes on her in that
room. I think she and I were never in the room awake at the same time.
I remember there was a dog in a cage in the room...and, he didn't want
to be. I have a picture of Stoat in that room somewhere.  (Boy, I sure
don't remember much of what I remember about Hanover)

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98