[at-l] ATC and Regulations

Leslie Booher lbooher at charter.net
Mon Sep 22 21:28:52 CDT 2008

Having hiked the Camino, I am fully aware of what hiking behind goats is like.  Dogs go off trail to do their business.  At least, I've never seen dog poop on the trail.  Goats, OTOH, leave little pellets behind as they walk, and there's no avoiding the little pellets.  Cute little animals, but crappy.  If this story isn't an April Fool joke, or an Autumnal Equinox fairy story, I agree that a goat has no business being on the AT.  Goats eat the vegetation along the trail.  Dogs don't.  I'm not a dog lover, and dogs on the trail make me extremely nervous.  I'd just as soon deal with a bear.  They're more predictable.  Happy Fall to y'all.  a'bear