[at-l] Kodak Moment

Leslie Booher lbooher at charter.net
Wed Sep 24 22:00:02 CDT 2008

We had a Kodak moment today, too.  We were driving in the neighborhood of the town of Roan Mountain, TN, and a hawk was suddenly right in front of the windshield, belly toward the car.  I don't know if it misjudged the distance, didn't see us, or what, but it was so close that it was over the hood of our PT Cruiser (so you'll know how short that it and how close) and we could see individual feathers.  It got by us with no contact, yet it was so close.  The whole incident took just a couple of seconds, but we had both quit breathing.  So amazing! anklebear