[at-l] heart surgery

tomman at tx.rr.com tomman at tx.rr.com
Thu Sep 25 21:39:14 CDT 2008

Hello to all the people on the net.

  I have a question that maybe a little unusual.  I have recently had open heart surgery and a 4 way by pass was performed.  That is why I have not been on her for sometime.  I am now getting back in to shape and starting to walk and eat more normal.

I thing most of you know how much I desire to hike the AT. So I am wondering if any ones knows of a person that has hike the trail after open heart surgery?  Plus I am 73 years old.

I tried in 2007 but could not make it but 2 days and my breathing just would not let me continue.  My doctors say it was as much my heart as my breathing that stopped me.

I know now I will have to section hike the trail but that is better than not being able to hike at all.

Thanks,
Tom