[at-l] my feets hurt

Bror8588 at aol.com Bror8588 at aol.com
Fri Sep 26 00:15:30 CDT 2008

I suppose you have gotten your hiking boots fitted by a good shoe  person.
Perhaps you might need some good inserts.  Consult with a  Podiatrist or a
Physical Therapist who knows about feet and the many muscles,  bones, tendons,
etc., that make up a good foot.  I just went to an expert  sports shoe store and
learned that I needed a much larger size shoe than I had  been wearing.  The
shoe salesperson needs to measure your feet each time  you purchase shoes.

Treat your feet better than you treat any other part of your body for they
carry you wherever you go.

Skylander

In a message dated 2008-09-25 20:36:58 Eastern Daylight Time,
AThiker at smithville.net writes:

Amy  Forinash wrote:
> I've only ever gone out for a month at a time.   And by the end of that
> time my feet hurt like a mother giving  birth.  I went out for two
> weeks this time and they feel  like they've been beaten with rods.
> (Actually today after  getting home and sitting around they feel much
> better, but  yesterday they felt like that.)  The whole rest of my body
>  feels great and wants more mileage.
>
> Does everybody feel like  this?  Is there a secret to having feet not
> hurt?   It's so frustrating when my heart, lungs, and legs all feel
>  wonderful and my feet hold me back.
>
> And if there isn't a  secret, how do people stand walking for months on
> hurty  feet?
I think that my feet hurt in some way pretty much the entire time I'm
hiking. I'm generally pretty lucky as far as blisters. Though, I  do
tend to rub a hole in the Achilles tendon area. As for walking for
months with hurty feet....what else can you do? Quit?

at-l mailing  list
at-l at backcountry.net