[at-l] goats as "pack animals"?

Amy Forinash amy at forinash.net
Tue Sep 30 12:01:23 CDT 2008

On Sep 30, 2008, at 12:58 PM, Jim and/or Ginny Owen wrote:

> After we did the AT in '92 my brother sent me a magazine clipping -
> a friend of his had started a
> "luxury llama pack service" to take people into the "wilderness" in
> Utah.  It included wine, gourmet
> food and soft beds. Not exactly backpacking.

I could see that.  I don't feel the need to suffer for my fun.  :)
(Well, at least not all the time.)

I've gone on horseback riding trips where we either carried some gear
or met a truck with gear at night, and it was nice to have a big
canopy, somebody to cook good food, tasty things to drink..  Very nice.

-amy