[at-l] Grandfather Mountain---

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 30 19:19:21 CDT 2008

For those who don't carry maps, compasses, or other boring things on the AT, get on Google Earth and prove to yourself that Grandfather Mtn is that massif which sits looming due east of The Humps, looking huge and imposing and yowie yummy. I want to run the length of that some time, either off-trail or on what are soon to be PUBLIC??? trails. This is some great coup for us all. (Once upon a time, I ran from downtown Boone to Macrae Meadows in something like three and a half hours. That, whacky as can be, remains my marathon PR....)