[at-l] Blast from the Past

Jim and_or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 4 21:35:47 CDT 2009

Thanks for the link.  I knew Ed Kuni (Charley to his friends) as my uncle's drinking buddy in

the late 50s before his thruhikes.  He was a character even then.  Kuni's bar was the place

I first bought beer (with someone elses money) when I was 14.  I was long gone from

Wilkes Barre by the time he hiked and didn't know he'd done it until I ran across his book

some years later.  I finally found my own copy of that book after my own thru.   Ginny and I

talked to my uncle about Ed at one time but he was dead and gone by then.  But not forgotten.

Walk softly in his footsteps,

Jim

http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/