[at-l] Hiking Lite

Frank Looper nightwalker.at at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 22:28:01 CDT 2009

2009/2/20 GARY HEBERT <hikerfedex at gmail.com>

> come to think of it Alison you're so right - maybe that's really what I
> like most about it!
> Having and needing so very little....IS the ultimate freedom!
>

>> Alison Scheiderer <alison.scheiderer at gmail.com>
>>
>> This isn't deprivation and courting death. It's just reality. And
>> it's a beautiful reality because having and needing very little, so
>> little that it literally does not weigh you down, is the ultimate
>> freedom.

I just got through making my most recent stove project.

Stove: wedding tin type. Single 13/16" opening in top.
Stand: cut-down can of the exact right diameter to fit under a Heineken
24-ounce can.
    (A gift. No idea what original stove stand can was from.)
Pot: 24-ounce Heineken can, polished off to remove paint and fitted with a
lid
    made from another, identical can.
Pot holder: fancy bandanna.

Total weight: 4.2 ounces for my entire cook set.

:-)
FrankenLooper the Nightwalker

P.S. I think that The Ultimate Freedom involves slightly more than a light
pack. Having said that, I'm looking for a skin out weight of around 20 lbs
by Summer. Food, water, etc. It's fun getting there, too.

P.P.S. I also know that Ptoey likely thinks that 20 lbs is ridiculously
heavy. I'm just gonna put a rock in his pack and help him out a little. It's
all good. *:-)*