[at-l] Short trip, short report

Frank Looper nightwalker.at at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 11:49:45 CDT 2009

  I left the trailhead at Table Rock State Park around 10 PM. They
have the bizarre idea that hiking without direct sunlight is
dangerous, so I just sneaked on by without asking. (Hey, it works for
Warren Doyle, so why not?)
  I walked in just far enough to get off of state property and hung my
hammock. The weather was very nice, and I was snug as a bug in someone
else's rug.
  The next morning, I took my usual sweet time about it and got on the
trail around noon. The Palmetto Trail is quite a work in progress, so
I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the trail and the amount
of blazes. If anything, there might actually be too many blazes,
because it seemed as if those yellow "i" shaped thingies were
everywhere. However, since I got off the trail a few times, the
situation made it quite easy to re-orient myself when & needed to.
  The terrain was rolling, the views were much better than expected,
and the water was plentiful. At approximately 12.5 miles in, this
section ended at US Hwy 178.

End part 1