[at-l] Tell me why...

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Sat Apr 18 18:06:07 CDT 2009

Ranc0r wrote:
> Actually, it is so the porch faces west.  That part of the state is pretty flat, and you can see the sunset across an awful lot of flat fields, so you build your house at such an angle that your rocking chair can be pointed west.
>
> Some places you build so you have the best view out your front door, others you build so you have shade in the afternoon.  In the Midwest, you face the sunset since there's little else to see, as a rule.  Some face south, for solar exposure, as well.

These house are all pretty much facing due south, though....and, there
ain't nothin' across the highway to the south much worth lookin' out.
Then again, Terre Haute is to the west...so, who'd want to look that
way. So, maybe it's more of a situation of what they're NOT looking
at....hmmm...

I think Millie Buffington's husband had the best answer. Though, that
may have been sent privately.