[at-l] Noteworthy Hiker Page

Gary Buffington gbuff at cox.net
Sun Apr 19 21:19:08 CDT 2009

The ATC has an interesting page on noteworthy hikers:  What with Cimarron, The 86 Year Old Hiker and David Horton (once the fastest hiker at 52 days) both being good friends I am interested in noteworthy hikers and their hikes.  The ATC noteworthy hiker page URL is:  http://www.appalachiantrail.org/noteworthy2000milers   I do note the ATC does not mention "fastest" or "most"and leaves out some of the names of the categories they do mention.  I have written ATC and recommended they go ahead and mention all the names as someone once said, "It ain't braggin' if you done it."   Of course the most noteworthy hike of all time was done by Sweet Pea and Bear Bag in 2000.

Bear Bag and Sweet Pea, GA>ME 2000
Gary Buffington