[at-l] 10 years ago today... (was 7 years ago)

Mara Factor mfactor at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 18:36:02 CDT 2009

I´ll never forget Floyd.  I was one of those trapped for three days
without food at Horseshoe Canyon lean-to.  I was there with Yak and
Yo.  After two days, Yak swam the river (dangerous!) to go get food.
With the threat of another storm on the way, we finally got out on the
third day when the rivers started receding.

Horseshoe canyon lean-to is between the East and West branches of the
Piscataquis River, just a few trail miles south of Monson -
tantalizingly close to food and lodging but oh so far when the river
is up..

My journal from those days at
http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor/september1.html#17

I would have only been a day or two behind you, Chase, except for
getting stranded.

Mara - from Arequipa, Peru
Stitches, AT99

--