[at-l] then/now Re: planning for a thruhike

Carla & Dave Hicks carla_dave_hicks at verizon.net
Wed Aug 19 17:13:28 CDT 2009

Now if you want some old-school:

Back in the '40s my gramps taught me how to make a bed w/ fresh cut evergreen
boughs.

And FWIIW, that was the drill in the ball bat shelters on the AT.

;-) }}

Yep, my beard is a little longer these days.

BTW -- For my friends, cardiac rehab is going well.  Don't know if they (or my
better half, for that matter) will let me back on the trail for any
long-distance-hiking.  But I'm up to 2.5 mph on a slight incline w/ my O2
holding at 92-94.

Miss you guys.

Chainsaw