[at-l] used up, worn out, leaking oil and shouting

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 20:58:34 CDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 7:17 PM, David Addleton <dfaddleton at gmail.com>wrote:

> PS -- anyone have a source for, "Life is not a journey to the grave with
> the
> intentions of arriving safely, in one handsome and well-preserved piece.
> You
> should slide in broadside across that finish line, thoroughly used up, worn
>
> out, leaking oil and shouting 'Geronimo!'"?
> >>>>>
> I've done a number of searches and all I get is unknown.

I can't answer where that quot came from but it is an appropriate segue to
my absence from AT-L for the last 5 days.

Late last Sunday night we got a call that my father-in-law had had a heart
attack so we dashed off to Canada on Monday. He died about 1PM on Tuesday,
one month short of his 83rd birthday and "all used up". The funeral was
yesterday which was also our (Diane's and mine) anniversary. At almost the
same hour that he had walked her down the aisle to marry me 43 years earlier
we, along with his other two children and two of his grandchildren, carried
him to his final rest. The circle of life.

Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/