[at-l] leaven

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Wed Aug 26 06:50:09 CDT 2009

Eleven years ago today we hiked from Sabbath Day Lean-to (where there
was a thunderstorm through the night) to Beamis Mt. Lean-to. Somewhere
in there we hitchhiked into Aqua Sock for some groceries (even though
we'd been in Aqua Sock the day before!)  It was a beautiful, sunny day.
Warm. On the way back to the trail, I ate the better part of half a
gallon of blueberry ice cream (that local brand that I can never
remember the name of). I remember the ice cream melting and blowing off
my spoon as we sped down the road in the back of a pick-up truck. I also
had with me a pound of hamburger and some ketchup. That night I cooked
(messy) hamburgers over a fire on a metal grate. Good times. That was
the night I met Ol' Crawdad. And, it seems, a bunch of French Canadian
co-eds.  Sigh....

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98