[at-l] hike prep

Mike Cunningham hikermiker at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 9 09:53:07 CST 2009

I use the Odyssey which is essentially the same as the Quest, only bigger. I use it as a winter backpack. I find it comfortable & capable of carrying everything I need. I do have a friend who also has one & he used it for a recent 150 mile trip. The only problem he ran into was that the sleeping bag section at the bottom was not big enough to hold his synthetic bag. For winter camping I use two bags and the larger one did fit inside that part but the smaller one had to go in the main body.

Oh, one small problem. The separation between the main body & the bag section can be unbuttoned & is open at the edges & I found that stuff would slide from the main body into the bag section unless contained in a trash bag or other liner.

hm